As one of the regional fish port complexes being managed and operated by the Philippine Fisheries Development Authority (PFDA), a government-owned and controlled corporation attached to the Department of Agriculture (DA), the Lucena Fish Port Complex (LFPC) is committed to realize PFDA's Corporate Vision as a “dynamic and viable government corporation that provides services and contributes to the country's food security by supporting an environmentally sustainable and competitive fishing industry through technologically advanced post harvest facilities and infrastructure”.
The LFPC was established as part of the Nationwide Fish Ports Project Package I and was constructed in a reclaimed area of 7.8 hectares. The total project cost of P283,976,020 came from a loan from the Overseas Economic Cooperation Fund of Japan. Its construction, which was started in 1982, was undertaken through the supervision of the Project Management Office (PMO) of the Department of Public Works and Highways.
The LFPC was originally programmed to be completed in 1983 but the contract period was extended principally due to the delay in the delivery of Government Furnished Materials. Finally, after more than nine (9) long years of construction, it was completed in September 1991 and in February 13, 1992, the fish port officially started its operations.
Lucena Fish Port Complex (LFPC) is located at Barangay Dalahican, Lucena City, which is about five (5) kilometers from the city proper and 162 kilometers of Manila. By land, it is about four (4) hours trip from Manila. Approximately, it is connected by 200 meters of access road to Barangay Dalahican and is accessible through private and public utility vehicles.
Lucena Fish Port Complex
- Unloading and marketing of fish both from commercial and municipal fishing vessels as well as fish supplies from overland vehicles.
- Use of harbor facilities including dry docking and repair activities.
- Provision of fuel, oil, water and ice supplies for product transshipment and for other fishing activities.
- Lease of space and raw land for fishery-related establishments.
- Refrigeration inclusive of processing space, cold storages, ice plant and freezing equipment.
- Provision of fish market information
- Multi-Purpose Pier 115 x 15 LM
- Banca Landing Quay 450 LM
- Breakwater 390 LM
- Market Hall 1914 SQM
- Refrigeration Building 2,556 SQM
Ice Making Plant 25MT/day
Main Ice Storage 75 MT
Daily Ice Storage 25 MT
-5°C Cold Storage 50 MT capacity
-35°C Cold Storage 50 MT capacity
Contact Freezer 200 kgs / cycle
- Shipyard Facilities
Slipway 150 MT/ set
Winch House 35 SQM10 MT
Carpentry Shop 300 SQM
Foundry Shop 1,600 SQM
- Warehouse 960 SQM.
- Elevated Water Tank 50,000L of Water
- Ice Crushing 40 tons per hour
- Stand-by Generator Sets 2 units x 1000 kva
- Industrial Area 2.5 hectares
- Commercial Area 1,500 sq.m.
- Public Toilets 4 units (28 sq.m./unit)
- Dormitory and Guest House 140 sq.m.
- Administration Building 300 sq.m.
Office of the Port Manager
LUCENA FISH PORT COMPLEX
Bgy. Dalahican, Lucena City
Tel. Nos. (042) 660-1504, 660-1443, 660-1443, 660-5167
Fax No. 042) 373-4103